Cell Phone Policy
The PS 52 Cell Phone Policy is as follows:
- All cell phones that enter the school building must be turned off and must stay off throughout the duration of the school day.
- Cell phones must remain in a student’s school bag for the entire school day. At no point during the school day is a cell phone to be removed from a school bag.
- If a cell phone is removed from a student’s schoolbag at any point during the school day, it will be confiscated and returned only to the student’s parent/guardian following a parent/guardian meeting.
- No other electronic device is permitted in the school building.
- Cell phones are not permitted on trips.
- The school is not responsible for damage to or loss of cell phones.
- Students who use cell phones in violation of the DOE’s Discipline Code, the PS 52 Cell Phone Policy, Chancellor’s Regulation A-413, and/or the DOE’s Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy (“IAUSP”) will be subject to discipline in accordance with the guidance interventions and disciplinary responses set forth in the Discipline Code.