After School Registration Link
Important Information Before You Register:
- Seats are limited – students will be selected at random.
- Students applying must be entering Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Anticipated dates of operation: September 19,2022, through June 16, 2023.
- Program runs Monday through Friday 2:20pm to 5:20pm. Students must attend four out of five full
days per week, early dismissal is only allowed one day per week.
- All applications must be received by Thursday September 1, 2022 to be considered.
How To Register:
- Go to: https://discoverdycd.dycdconnect.nyc/home
- On the right side of your screen, click on ‘After School Programs’ – a green checkmark will appear.
- On the left side of your screen click ‘Search Programs’. You can search by school name, or zip code.
- Look for Compass Elementary: P.S. 52 John C. Thompson and click ‘+ Add To List’.
- You will be prompted to sign up, or sign in. You must create an account if you do not already have one.
(If you already have a DiscoverDYCD account you may use that login information. For example, if you
registered for Summer Rising you can use that login information.)
- Follow the prompts on the screen, be sure to submit your application, as it will not be received if it is
listed as a draft.
What To Expect Next:
- This FREE After School Program is contingent upon available funding to the NIA through DYCD’s
Compass initiative. Dates, location and hours of operation are subjected to change in accordance
with DYCD/DOE requirements.
- Parents/Guardians will be notified by email by the beginning of September if their child has been
accepted into the NIA Compass After School Program. Emails will be sent to the email address listed
your DiscoverDYCD Account. Parents/Guardians will only receive an email if your child has been accepted.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to the NIA Compass After School Program Director at